5 replies to this topic

#1 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Betta Count:Lots
  • Statement:Hey.. you!! Join the Eastern Betta Society.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I got some free from the LFS a loong time ago and it did amazingly well. I gave mine away when I cut back on spawning and really regret it. I found a couple auctions on AB but the price for the amount offered is just a good enough deal for me being on such a strict budget.

So if anyone has some and is willing to sell me a decent sized clump please send me a PM with how much you'd be asking. I'd love to get a starter batch of it before my fry are ready to head to the big grow out. :)

#2 bettacrazi

bettacrazi

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Betta Count:3 Betta boys, 1 Betta girl
  • Total Fish Count:too many

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

1fish2fish...any luck finding the najas? I am looking for some as well for my endler fry and like you, the budget limits me from buying off ab... :-( if you find some at a good price, please let me know...thanks!

#3 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

A seller on AB sent me an email giving me a good deal after I lost on an auction of his grass so I'm getting some :)

#4 bettacrazi

bettacrazi

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

wow...you got lucky. I found a seller on AB that is actually about 10 minutes from my location. I sent them an email asking if they still had any for sale (there were no bidders on the auction and it was closed). The message I received back was $16 for half a sandwich baggie of najas. I had to pass. Looks like for me, it will be java moss, java moss, java moss...and riccia. Maybe someday the lfs will get some.

#5 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yeah I lucked out last time I got it. It was at my LFS and mis-labled as hornwort. I only paid like $2. It grew like a WEED in my tanks with almost no help. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of it. I didn't know how popular it was.

#6 bettacrazi

bettacrazi

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

I think plants, like fish, clothes, technology...can change in popularity over time...then fades, then comes back. In this case, more people are realizing the advantages to the fish/water by keeping things more natural, and many are doing enough research first to get the right kind of plant for their lighting. Hopefully that trend continues.

Wow...nice catch getting the najas on the lfs mistake! I always look in the lfs tanks for their "oops" moments too, got a few good deals that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq