Why did you begin breeding?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_MissMarie13_*

Guest_MissMarie13_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Im new to the site and gearing up to become a new breeder.

But I am curious. If your breeding, why are you? What got you started?

Personally, I have a fiance who is being deployed over seas in the Army. Cannot say where. And when we were dating and able to spend alot of time together we loved stopping at pet stores just to look around and he loved watching my eye light up when we came to the bettas. When He said he was being deployed I kinda latched onto my bettas and caring for them. When I mentioned I would love to breed halfmoons he encouraged me to. He is excited for me to picture and video the entire process and send them to him. Eventually I will be living on Army bases and would be selling my fish on base and surrounding areas.

I don't have money to throw around. I am a college kid. But I have slowly been collecting the supplies I need and am close to being able to breed. Only a few more months. A few heaters and live plants and some breeding pairs and ill be trying!

So please, tell me your story!

#2 Eratic-Fish-Finatic

Eratic-Fish-Finatic

Sp. mahachai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Betta Count:8
  • Total Fish Count:32
  • Referred By:N/A

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

I start with just getting 4 make royal blue mask Halfmoon plakats to restart my betta hobby. Posted pics around the web and had numerous people tell me that they look phenomenal and that I should breed them so they could buy a few off me lol. Now I have 17 different breeding pairs, from super black HMPKs, Royal blue full mask HMPKs, Black devil HMPKs, Black Copper Crossray Cts, Super black Fighter PKs, salamander Dumbo HMPKs and Super red HMPKs. Also is a asset to any person in the fish keeping hobby to learn how to breed. This would be my first time breeding bettas in 3 years, bred bettas atleast 4 times in total now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq