2 replies to this topic

#1 SquishyBettax4

SquishyBettax4

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

I've been thinking about getting one. Can you guys link me to some good sites as well as give me feedback on what I need and tips?
  • Grillzige, SlasiaTit, fourreharcore and 32 others like this

#2 WigglePuppy

WigglePuppy

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Betta Count:4
  • Total Fish Count:enough....I think

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

They get large and they are dirty. Single tail types need more than 50 gallon per fish and TONS of cleaning. Check out the goldfish forum we have here, you should find lots of info there!
  • offebyZem, CherylSBdalf and DominicVes like this

#3 Synirr

Synirr

Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

• Root Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,904 posts
  • Betta Count:Some
  • Total Fish Count:Lots

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Goldfish Connection has some pretty good information, and Koko's Goldfish has a good goldie forum you might browse around on. I would recommend at least a 29g tank for 2 fancy goldfish, as they do get quite large. As Kat said, if you want to do singletail varieties they will need much more space. I feed mine a lot... as a coworker once told me, "If they are pooping, they are happy." :lolsign: However, all that poop means it's necessary to do a lot of waterchanges to keep 'em clean. I use a Python waterchanger with all my bigger setups, it saves me a ton of time and backache.

The biggest issue I have had with these fish is that they tend to go down pretty fast if they get ill, and they are sensitive to many medications. A stay in a quarantine tank is highly recommended for any new additions to any setup, but especially when goldies are involved. I also run a UV sterilizer on my goldfish tank, "just incase".
  • DominicVes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq