Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:8

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thanks, Maryanne, for the baby bettas! If you want to see her breeding pairs, check out her blog here. http://www.steelcity...s.blogspot.com/

I'm planning to keep a grow up log for these guys to update how they develop. They're just over three months old now. These are pics after their arrival today.

Posted Image

He was unphased when introduced to a mirror but has taken an interest in the Azoo mini HOB filter (set on a lighter flow)on one end of the tank.

Posted Image

They seem interested in each other, but maybe they're just thinking about whether they'd like to nip the other. They're sharing a divided 2.5 gallon just for the moment. I have separate, cycled tanks for later. Cello girl is manic active. They're all quite lively, though.

Boy and copper girl(presumably) spawned 12/13 from Maryanne's SCB12201102LMHM
Cellophane(for the moment) girl(presumably) spawned 12/12 from Maryanne's SCB12201101LBGB

Edited by Travesty, 15 March 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#2 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,850 posts
  • Betta Count:Enough.
  • Total Fish Count:Many!
  • Referred By:google

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

glad they got there okay! Hehe they look hungry. They need a nice good meal.

The male and the female on the right were from SCB12201102LMHM and the cello girl was from SCB12201101LBGB :)

#3 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yeah they were super hungry. I was always told not to feed fish immediately after transferring them to a new tank, but they were really hungry, so I only waited a couple hours. lol They had some of your betta pellets, tried out some of the flakes I already had (they were iffy on this). This morning, more pellets and I crumbled up a freeze-dried blood worm (they liked this well enough, though I've head about not feeding too many dry foods). Frozen brine shrimp for them this evening.

#4 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wow these guys are growing up so fast!

I've dubbed them the "Bubble Guppies." lol

Posted Image

The copper girl, Oona, is quite a shiny metallic purple in a certain light. Already barring up and she does it a lot.

Posted Image

I think Deema may want to be a marble. There's a dark spot coming in on her sides, if you can see it. It might even out over her scales. We'll see.

Posted Image

Nonny is definitely a royal blue more than a green. He has better spread than I was expecting. I don't know if he'll ever get the 180, but he's looking quite nice.

Posted Image

Now he flares! Grown-up little guy.

They've been living in warm water and having quite a bit to eat and it seems like they're doing well. It's surprising how much they've changed in a week.

Edited by Travesty, 22 March 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#5 Stars

Stars

Sushi is delicious.

• Members
  • 4,235 posts
  • Betta Count:Hamlet
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Referred By:Aquarank
  • Statement:I see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeeee! So much fun to watch them gain color and shape. :D

#6 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I moved the girls into their community tanks the other week after a cat dropped the makeshift lid of my 2.5 gallon divided into their tank while I was away. D= Yikes. Really the lid was just that plastic mesh just like the divider but I don't know how long poor Deema had to gill breathe. She took a huge gulp of air when I pulled the mesh out. So that was terrible, almost really terrible. My bad. The 2.5 gallons have glass lids too but I have those little Hydor pad heaters with no temperature adjustment (on second thought, not a great idea) and with the glass lids on the 2.5 gallons get too hot. They stay 80-82 with only the mesh on top. I don't see how you could use them with a 2.5 gallon for anything but a betta. Such a small, hot body of water.

Posted Image

Nonny is growing out those fins, getting a dark edge on his caudal. He's still in a 2.5 gallon I've been doing 100 percent water changes on, but his fins are getting long and I want to stop manhandling him so much, so I'll see if he'll get along in a community tank soon.

Posted Image

Deema is getting along with a couple random fish in a 10 gallon pretty well, as far as I can tell. That patchy marbling is filling out on her sides and her fins have a bit of a shine.

I think Oona doesn't really like living in the tank I introduced her to, though. I think she's the territorial sort, as often as she was barred up before, and doesn't like that even the random dwarf platy in the tank is still bigger than her. There's only a total of three fish there and it didn't look like the other two were bugging her or anything. Her fins look intact, she's active and rabidly hungry. I don't think she's sick, she just doesn't like it. I'm going to cycle the 2.5 gallon she was in before and move her back to her own territory when I've got stable water conditions in there.

Posted Image

Oona is not pleased. I've got some adjustments to make.

#7 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• 8,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Aww they're looking great! :D

#8 Meme123

Meme123

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Referred By:Old Friend8

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is great! When I recieve my juvies from the wonderful Maryanne I will be doing the same! I do believe they will be arriving tomorrow and there will be lots of fish pictures!!

#9 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thanks, everybody! =)

My little guys arrived in great shape, so you've chosen well who to get some juvies from, Meme. I was curious how the brothers and sisters of mine were doing, so I'm excited to see your logs too! =D

#10 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• 8,850 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thanks, everybody! =)

My little guys arrived in great shape, so you've chosen well who to get some juvies from, Meme. I was curious how the brothers and sisters of mine were doing, so I'm excited to see your logs too! =D

Her male is the brother of your male and the copper girl, and her females are the sisters of your marble girl :)

#11 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Neat stuff. I'll keep my eye out for them. =)

#12 Travesty

Travesty

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Still growing! I think the girls are actually doing fine in their community tanks. They'll attack any food put in, although they'll usually spit out the yucky flakes. lol

Posted Image

Nonny looks pretty much the same, but good! I didn't exactly catch when he got more caudal branching, but comparing to the first picture, looks like he's doubled it over the course of less than a month.

Posted Image

Deema keeps on adding to her black marbling, now having a pretty noticeable spot on her tail.

Posted Image

Oona's getting over those initial stress issues and becoming quite dark.

Edited by Travesty, 13 April 2012 - 07:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq