Not just your regular cup of Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Betta Count:over 30
  • Referred By:google

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Well that failed too.
They were definitely better at courting and he was showing off extremely well, she wasn't afraid of him like the others were but she just did not submit to him. By the end of 40 minutes, they started to really bite at each other so I figured it was time to come out and put her back into her chimney.

I've changed the water in both the tanks and managed to keep the remainder of the nests in tact. I'm gonna give the big ears pair another whirl and see if they are up to touching naughty bits this time.

#14 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,850 posts
  • Betta Count:Enough.
  • Total Fish Count:Many!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

They do bight and fight and rip scales and tear fins while breeding. As long as your girls still had their stripes up, they were fine.

#15 foxmartini

foxmartini

Not just your regular cup of Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Betta Count:over 30

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

I wasn't sure what the fine line was so I youtubed a bunch of videos. I left my big ears pair for a few hours together but then took her out because I couldn't watch them while I was sleeping. She was still displaying vertical stripes so I'll try again after work.

The black and white female did not show vertical stripes but looked like she was dancing and flirting like she should be in courtship, she is pretty heavy in scaling, could it be that she just won't show but is ready?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq