4 replies to this topic

#1 asian guy

asian guy

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

my goldfish has been hanging out in the corner just floating and swimming just a little bit, i don't know what he has.

He has a patch of his scale looks like drospy by the tail and in the center there is a small cut and he is not eating.

Is it the cut that is causing him to not eat because i know goldfishes love eating.

lost my camera can't put up a pic.

#2 RandomWiktor

RandomWiktor

I put the "fun" in fundamentalist!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts
  • Betta Count:8
  • Total Fish Count:Between several and many.
  • Referred By:I was sucked in by UB's gravitational force.
  • Statement:We weep for a bird's cry but not for a fish's blood; blessed are those with a voice.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Can you give us some more detail re: your water parameters and routine care? Water quality issues are the #1 cause of health problems in goldfish, so it would be good to rule those out first.

#3 asian guy

asian guy

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Can you give us some more detail re: your water parameters and routine care? Water quality issues are the #1 cause of health problems in goldfish, so it would be good to rule those out first.

tested the water everything is ideal for the goldfish, only one of the 4 is acting strange, the other 3 are perfectly fine, and growing fast.

i change 35% of water every week, they are in a 55 gallon tank, i just brought it a two weeks ago, but it still has that tail wound that has not healed.

Edited by asian guy, 12 February 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#4 RandomWiktor

RandomWiktor

I put the "fun" in fundamentalist!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts
  • Betta Count:8
  • Total Fish Count:Between several and many.
  • Referred By:I was sucked in by UB's gravitational force.
  • Statement:We weep for a bird's cry but not for a fish's blood; blessed are those with a voice.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

When you say "everything is ideal," just to be clear: ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite were all tested too, right? Not just pH/hardness/alk?

Is what you're seeing on the fish's body, or the tail/rays? I'm having trouble determining that from your post. Goldfish seem to have a love affair with parasites, and what you'll often see is a raised pimple-like area that that parasite bursts from, leaving a sore in the middle. The other thing they're known for is pseudonomas/aeronomas (sp? I'm too tired to look this up right now) which result in nasty ulcerations, generally with raised or disturbed scales around the site of the sore. How did this begin? What did it look like before it got bad?

#5 asian guy

asian guy

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

When you say "everything is ideal," just to be clear: ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite were all tested too, right? Not just pH/hardness/alk?

Is what you're seeing on the fish's body, or the tail/rays? I'm having trouble determining that from your post. Goldfish seem to have a love affair with parasites, and what you'll often see is a raised pimple-like area that that parasite bursts from, leaving a sore in the middle. The other thing they're known for is pseudonomas/aeronomas (sp? I'm too tired to look this up right now) which result in nasty ulcerations, generally with raised or disturbed scales around the site of the sore. How did this begin? What did it look like before it got bad?

Thanks for the help, i took it back to a local pet store, that said it is the beginning of a ulcer. i brought him from pet smart, i guess was sick at the store when i brought it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq