Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:3
  • Referred By:Google

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Thought I'd post some of the few pictures I got of my Ball Python, Crowley. Most of these were from her first night settling in, and I'm not the greatest photographer so I'll apologize in advance for any terrible shots.

First, here's her new setup complete with a smaller hide and climbing branch. I had her on paper towels for a week while I treated her eyes with on opthalmic ointment from the vet, but she seems to like digging the aspen out of her hid and making a deep pocket in there so I gave her the aspen back after I was done treating her. Harder to clean, but oh well. There's an under tank heater on a lamp dimmer on the right side, and the water bowl needs to be filled more but it keeps the humidity up pretty well. That red thing in the back is a cat collar with bells on it, and it's behind the tank, not in it. Keeps Momo away from the tank. Feel free to off suggestions or point out anything I seem to be missing, I am just starting out.

Posted Image

Settling in her first night, she loves that plant so much.

Posted Image

Ooh, what's this?

Posted Image

And the only decent facial shot I have, of course it's the side with her missing eye.

Posted Image

#2 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Very very very well done. I love it. The only thing i can ask is what temps is the tank at? Temps should be around 88-94 on the hot and 78-82 on the cool. A hide in both sides is appreciated normaly. Maybe give her a tall branch to climb on if she wishes but overall i think you did great, i use the aspen too, works great for snakes that like to burrow.

#3 tereghan

tereghan

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:3
  • Referred By:Google

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Very very very well done. I love it. The only thing i can ask is what temps is the tank at? Temps should be around 88-94 on the hot and 78-82 on the cool. A hide in both sides is appreciated normaly. Maybe give her a tall branch to climb on if she wishes but overall i think you did great, i use the aspen too, works great for snakes that like to burrow.

The temps are currently 80 on the cool side and 94 on the warm side, and I did struggle with that a bit at first. I've got to get some cat food today anyway, so I'll see if I can't pick another tree for her to climb in. I do try not to change stuff too much, this is very similar to the habitat she had in the store and so far she hasn't seemed "lost" or overly likely to run into things as long as things go back into the same spots. I've been trying to find a place to put a humid hide actually, got some moss to put in it and now I don't really have the space to put it in the tank.

Oh, and she loves to get on top of the thermometer and test the lid, but I've got four sets of locking clips on there. Not only do I not want her getting out, but I don't want the cat getting in.

#4 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Gotta love those clips...never stopped my sand boa though :P. Shes a exscape artist, my king always tests them out to make sure they are in working condition though -_-. I struggled a lot with temps, no worries. Not sure if you need a humid hide with Balls but im not a expert with these guys, ive found my king will just take a dip into her bowl and then shed. I belive it may help with the BP though, my 2 snakes are pretty much low humidity. I can post a pic on making a decent one though if youd like? I just take a tupaware container and cut a hole in the lid or on the side and put cocofiber in there, set it on the hot or middle of the tank and it makes a humid hide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq