Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:3x
  • Referred By:internet

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

My sorority tank: 5 females, 3 are crowntails, the other two are veiltail. One has some "wild" in her - the blue one. She has spots when she is relaxed and stripes when stressed. Also, 4 Panda cories:

Posted Image
Posted Image

My female that is missing some fins was due to a female I ended up removing from the tank and giving to a friend, she was just wayy too aggressive for other fish.

Posted Image

My male plakat (?) Dragonscale at home: Winter (transported with another male per Petsmart and lost his tail fighting :( )

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My male HM at work: Orion
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 sarahberry

sarahberry

Sarah Berry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Betta Count:1- Edgar Blutbod
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Statement:RIP Bitsy.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Poor Winter! Orion's very pretty. :)

#3 NeroX

NeroX

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Ooou, I love sororities and yours looks very nice! Very cool set up and your girlies look happy

Aww, poor Winter. Such a beautiful guy though. Hope his tail grows back healthy =]

Wow, Orion is a beaut! I love the effect of his tail. His colors are very neat too. I love the patches of ice/aqua blue

#4 firesparks8

firesparks8

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thank you Nero!

Ya, Orion and Winter are both Petsmart finds...I couldn't believe Orion had been passed over!

Regarding my ladies - they are doing pretty good, my only concern is one of my oldest females is acting a little stressed. Hanging out at the bottom of the tank and not coming up top to eat. She looks ok, it's just her behavior that is off. She previously had that infection that makes them float and you give them pees for it but even during that she would still eat and act normal.

Any ideas? Should I pull her out of the tank? When at the bottom she keeps her tail fin clamped...but opens it up when she goes to get air. I put some aquarium salt in to help her out a bit.

#5 NeroX

NeroX

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Oou nice. I've found and seen a few PetSmart beauties too, it's incredible what beauty some people overlook.

Aww that's sad. Well, I wouldn't know what to exactly but pulling her out like you said and quarantining her might help; if you don't think the process of taking her out will stress her out even more. Then again, maybe some change/action is what she needs heh. What is the temperature of the water they are in?

PS - If you decide to pull her out, maybe keep the water level low where she's only chillin at the bottom so she can go for air more easily

PSS - Hopefully she perks up soon whatever you decide to do! =]
*Best of luck

Edited by NeroX, 19 February 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#6 firesparks8

firesparks8

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oou nice. I've found and seen a few PetSmart beauties too, it's incredible what beauty some people overlook.

Aww that's sad. Well, I wouldn't know what to exactly but pulling her out like you said and quarantining her might help; if you don't think the process of taking her out will stress her out even more. Then again, maybe some change/action is what she needs heh. What is the temperature of the water they are in?

PS - If you decide to pull her out, maybe keep the water level low where she's only chillin at the bottom so she can go for air more easily

PSS - Hopefully she perks up soon whatever you decide to do! =]
*Best of luck

Thank you, I initially tried to take her out and she was fighting it with everything she had in her. A couple days later she was still lethargic and I got her out. About 48 hours after being placed in a shallow cup...she wasn't eating at all and passed away :[ I'm sad to lose her but I know that in a community tank situations like this can just happen. One thing I have noticed is that if I cover my females tank with a towel at night so they don't see us walking around and I think that helps them calm/settle down at night....and thus puts the break on aggression.

I have bought a new small purple female..got a bit of wild in her...has spots in her fin and has some crazy horizontal stripes when stressed out.

Thanks for trying to help!! :)

Edited by firesparks8, 27 February 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#7 firesparks8

firesparks8

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Update to my sorority tank:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Winter, my betta who barely had a tail..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Orion, my betta at work...has changed colors!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 C M

C M

Advocate for the underdogs of pet rescue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Betta Count:Three
  • Total Fish Count:Three

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

They are so beautiful, and I adore winter. They look very happy in their tanks. Also, your girls look like big gals, are they? Or is it just he water making them look bigger?

#9 firesparks8

firesparks8

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

They are so beautiful, and I adore winter. They look very happy in their tanks. Also, your girls look like big gals, are they? Or is it just he water making them look bigger?

The girls are a decent size, one (my oldest) is the biggest and they are smaller from there. Nothing crazy big though so it was probably just the shot. Although, my apple snail is QUITE big...so maybe I am under estimating them. :canadian:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq