KeithP

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Referred By:none

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

There is a lake stocked with Grass Carp due to the overabundance of aquatic plants clogging the waterways, but there is also some goldfish in the lake, can these 2 species hybridize?

Also, do goldfish munch on decaying leaves? The lake is full of decaying oak leaves in fall/winter and frequently algae forms all over them. Also do goldfish enjoy eating bloodworms?

#2 asian guy

asian guy

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

There is a lake stocked with Grass Carp due to the overabundance of aquatic plants clogging the waterways, but there is also some goldfish in the lake, can these 2 species hybridize?

Also, do goldfish munch on decaying leaves? The lake is full of decaying oak leaves in fall/winter and frequently algae forms all over them. Also do goldfish enjoy eating bloodworms?

About the hybrid thing i don't know, it depends on the compatibility of the genetics.

i know goldfish eat decaying aquatic plants, so i assume they will eat decaying oak leaves as well, i don't know if they "enjoy" bloodworms, but i know that they do eat them.

#3 brianjim

brianjim

UltimateBettas Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Betta Count:Lots and Lots
  • Total Fish Count:Even more
  • Referred By:myself
  • Statement:It's all fun and games till someone puts their eye out.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Highly doubtful they will hybridize. Also your Grass Carp may be Triploid Grass Carp which are sterile and used to control vegetation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq