Eratic-Fish-Finatic

Betta FINatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:30
  • Referred By:Google search engine
  • Statement:Canadian bacon isn't a real thing, here in Canada, it's ham cut from the lower back. Food facts!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys and girls, I'm starting up a new 20gallon long tank for my new breeding pairs of full blue mask HMPKs arriving on Tuesday from Thailand. I wanted to change my old Lee's aquarium dividers to something more clean and pleasing to the eye to look at. I went to my LFS the other day to pickup some suction cups and checked if the had some sump replacement acrylic sheets, but disappointly they were currently out. I turned my attention to whether I should just by some acrylic sheets, but at $60 for a 11"x23"x3mm sheet I just forgot about it. While visiting a local Asian discount fish store I saw that they were using black PP plastic packing sheets as sliding access doors at the top of the aquariums and thought it looked pretty sick. That's when I had the idea, those would make awesome dividers, so I asked if they carry any but once again sadly no. I asked where that got theirs and suposely they are used for packing these days. Does anyone here know where I can get some in Toronto for cheap?

#2 glasshaven

glasshaven

Halfmoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Betta Count:20+
  • Total Fish Count:LOL
  • Referred By:Google/Facebook

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I honestly don't know what those are, but you can get white craft mesh at craft stores or at Wal Mart for next to nothing and make dividers out of them.

#3 Ciddian

Ciddian

MMmmmmmemeewwooo :3

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,517 posts
  • Referred By:Chris

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

yea the white mesh is a lot like the Lee's dividers I think. What you could always try is paint your dividers with some of that Krylon type paint but i'd double check if thats water safe.

#4 Strick

Strick

Resident Lothario

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts
  • Betta Count:1, for now...
  • Total Fish Count:30+

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Krylon Fusion paint for plastic is aquarium safe once it dries thoroughly. I use it to paint air lines and filter tubes the same color as the background...
  • Ciddian likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq