Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:41
  • Referred By:aquarank

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

I hope this is the correct sub forum for this.

I tried googling to find out what type betta Donna Noble is, but I don't feel I have been successful. What do you call this coloration and tail type? :)

If the pics for my avatar and signature are not enough, I can try to get a few more. I'm just always having a hard time taking photos of her, because photos always make her colors look a lot different from what she really looks like <_< The no-flash avatar photo is more accurate though, although her body is lighter and really baby pink in reality, with a little bit of lavender shimmer along her sides. :)

Edited by number20121, 04 November 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#2 majerah

majerah

Wild Betta Tamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Betta Count:lotz and lotz
  • Total Fish Count:27 ish.
  • Statement:"O holy one, cast thy purifying light upon this corrupt soul... Rest in peace, sinners! Judgment!"

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

"Donna Noble has left the building.Donna Noble has been saved." hahahahaha.

Anyhow by the look of your avatar pic,she seems like a young male veiltail to me even though she has an ovipostor.Those ventrals are very long.

#3 Kendra

Kendra

Betta Love Doctor

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  • Betta Count:Growing
  • Total Fish Count:Growing
  • Referred By:My betta
  • Statement:Good in some, evil in all, is the reason why humans will fall.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

I can't see a clear distinct outline of her ovaries either......I'm guessing it's a boy. :coverlaff:

#4 number20121

number20121

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:41
  • Referred By:aquarank

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

@ majerah: ROFL my favorite episode(s)!

But: Uh uh! She is a girl! I have caught her laying eggs (and devouring them as they appeared) a few days ago :D

It's probably because those pics are not the very newest. They are at least a couple months old, and I got her as a really young, small fish :)

Maybe this video helps (after she was mostly done laying eggs. There is still one behind her on the bottom of her tank at the beginning, but she gobbles it up really soon)

EDIT: also, what is this coloring called? Is it Cambodian? I am still trying to learn about bettas. The colors are always so off in photos and videos. That video makes her look much more yellow than she really is. Her body actually has a base color like this, just a tiny little bit brighter/whiter http://assets.fabric...r-pale-pink.jpg

Edited by number20121, 04 November 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#5 CA1121

CA1121

CA1121

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Betta Count:100+
  • Total Fish Count:Lots!!!
  • Referred By:jfern25
  • Statement:Well Hi!!!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Yes that is a brilliantly long finned female you have there. I have seen many long finned females popping out of the woodwork lately. But she looks to have Cambodian genes probably with a Marble influence. Also from the coloring and pattern on the fins, some butterfly influence which relates to the marble gene. So coloring is simply Multicolor.

#6 TFUBetta's

TFUBetta's

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Betta Count:27
  • Total Fish Count:Bunches
  • Statement:Fish Therapy FTW

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

I have a very similar girl myself but your girl has longer fins. I'm a bit jealous lol. I think I would call her a Grizzled Cambodian just to be different.. not correct mind you but different heh.

Also one of my favorite episodes. Been a Who fan for many years, first discovered The Dr. in my teens. I just wonder how long they will keep the show up. It can't go on much longer unless they go against the 12 regenerations rule.

#7 Kendra

Kendra

Betta Love Doctor

• Members
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

She's definitly a rare girl with that sort of finnage. :) I have some suspicions about these types of females too that are very masculine in appearance, which she definitly is, and about their hormone levels and such. The fact that she releases her eggs randomly like that also has me wondering about her hormones. She is truly an exceptional fish. :)

#8 WigglePuppy

WigglePuppy

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Betta Count:5
  • Total Fish Count:enough....I think

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

She's definitly a rare girl with that sort of finnage. :) I have some suspicions about these types of females too that are very masculine in appearance, which she definitly is, and about their hormone levels and such. The fact that she releases her eggs randomly like that also has me wondering about her hormones. She is truly an exceptional fish. :)

I had a masculine female about 15 years ago that would build a bubble nest, lay her own eggs, put them in the nest and tend them till they rotted. Repeatedly.

#9 Kendra

Kendra

Betta Love Doctor

• Members
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Yep, same here. Two girls in fact. I wish research could be conducted on the hormone levels of these types of females, I'm sure there'd be some interesting results.

#10 Bambi-80011

Bambi-80011

BambiBettas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Betta Count:2 adult,about 30 fry
  • Total Fish Count:30+

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

If i had her i would probably breed her to see if she passed on the super long finnage, despite the her being vailtail.

She does look to have a bit of grizzle to her, as well as Cambodian and butterfly influence. But i think she would just be referred to as a multicolor. She looks like a longer finned vt version of my hm marble multi girl, but my girl has more grizzle(understandable as she's a few years old).

#11 Kendra

Kendra

Betta Love Doctor

• Members
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

In this case with this female, I'm almost positive that her finnage would be hormone related but unfortunetly I can't prove that.....:P

It'd be an interesting experiment.....but my hypothesis would be that her finnage would actually be the result of a hormonal imbalance of some sort. It's not common to come across females like this who also exhibit the same behavior (releasing eggs, bubblenesting, etc) I doubt though that this female comes from a line of exceptionally long-finned VT females (although there are some out there) because her body confirmation looks too masculine and her behavior (releasing eggs and such) is not really considered normal.

#12 PeachesMarie

PeachesMarie

Resident Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:28 fish and some inverts
  • Referred By:google
  • Statement:The whole point of swearin' is that it ain't appropriate.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

I have nothing productive to contribute to this conversation except that I love her name (and namesake haha) and I bet she lives up to it :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq