#1 Susurro

Susurro

Loves bettas more than people

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Referred By:The Interweb
  • Statement:"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Siddhartha Gautama

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Ok, so I'm not 100% sure if this is where this thread belongs, but I know the mods will move it if they feel it has a better home.

So, I'm really into body modification, whether it's tattoos, piercings, scarificaton, implants, you name it I probably find it fascinating. I've written one of my big senior papers (it was 15 pages at least from what I remember) on body modifications and looking at if people with modifications are different from the rest of the population.

Anyway, I wanted to see members of UB favorite mods they have. So there is basically only one rule: you can't post any modifications that are not on your body. Also, probably best to not post like a million pics at once, so maybe separate posts for separate mods.

I'll start, my current faves are my nose piercing and my foo dogs.

Posted Image

This pic isn't the best and that was the day that I got them finished. I'll have to try to take one of them now, but it will be hard.
Posted Image
  • Solitarianknight likes this

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

HardGay's here to save the day!

• Administrator
  • 7,025 posts
  • Betta Count:a crap-load
  • Referred By:Google
  • Statement:Srs bsns.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm renewing my interests now that I've a job where body mods don't matter. I got my septum pierced 3 weeks ago. I've also got a wonderful tattoo commissioned by Styx that I need to have done.

#3 Beyondanytherapy

Beyondanytherapy

Hello, sexy.

• Super Moderator
  • 3,754 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:6
  • Referred By:Draco
  • Statement:"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." ~ Futurama

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm going to get a tattoo one day. I've been trying to decide on what should be my first, and also lose the weight to allow myself to get it. I don't want to get one until I've lost a good bit more weight, letting it be kind of a present for the work. I am interested in piercings, but sadly, can't explore any that are visible because of my work. I've considered a nipple piercing and might get one of those later down the line.

#4 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Betta Count:Lots
  • Statement:Hey.. you!! Join the Eastern Betta Society.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

I'm not big on piercings (for me) besides my ears. I considered getting my tongue pierced but I'm too chicken to do it and don't want it bad enough.

I do want a few tattoos, like BAT I want to lose weight first. I want a portrait of Bella, I just haven't decided where I want to put it yet. I really want a tattoo of a betta on the underside of my wrist which I'll probably never get for two reasons. 1)I know it's going to hurt like crap and 2)I'll most likely be working in healthcare (unless I open my own practice) and I don't want to deal with having to cover a tattoo all the time. I still may get it and put it somewhere less noticeable. The third one I've wanted for a while is a roller derby chick in a 'pin-up girl' style.

There's a lot of body modding in my family. My mom has one tattoo and my dad has lots. Two of my sisters have tats and belly button piercings and 3 of my brothers in law have tats, one has an eyebrow and nipple piercings that I know of. Two sisters have had boob jobs and one is going to have a breast reduction this year.

#5 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • 4,255 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

the only mods i ever make to my body are thhe constant dying of my hair and my color contacts.

#6 Harlequin

Harlequin

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Betta Count:None
  • Total Fish Count:0

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

I'm pretty much in to ear piercing only, and have recently started dabbling with gauging them. I'm up to a 14g now in all four holes, and just ordered some 12g earrings. I think that's going to be the biggest I go, however, just in case I want to downsize. And that's the size that generally allows for your first plugs :)

#7 Synirr

Synirr

Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

• Root Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,904 posts
  • Betta Count:Some
  • Total Fish Count:Lots

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

My fave is probably my bridge piercing... here is a really old pic from when I first got it done:
Posted Image

I also have my lobes stretched to 0g (have been thinking about going bigger,) and I have some tats that I reeeeally need to get some touchup work done on. Can't find a pic of the ankle ones, but here are the wings:
Posted Image

#8 Susurro

Susurro

• 4,739 posts
  • Statement:"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Siddhartha Gautama

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Oh wow, I love that tattoo! Is there any meaning to the symbol in the center?

Also, I have a wrist tatto and it wasn't terribly painful. My lower back was actually more painful, which is odd because the skin on your lower back is much thicker than the wrist, but my back hurt a lot.

#9 Synirr

Synirr

Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

• Root Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,904 posts
  • Betta Count:Some
  • Total Fish Count:Lots

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Thanks! It is just something I made up... It's meant to resemble an angelic/demonic sigil :)

#10 Susurro

Susurro

• 4,739 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

It has a very egyptian look to me for some reason, but it is totally awesome.

#11 Jeremy

Jeremy

HardGay's here to save the day!

• Administrator
  • 7,025 posts
  • Betta Count:a crap-load
  • Statement:Srs bsns.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

I'm stretching my lobes also. I'm currently at 6g and plan to move to 4g next month.

#12 sarahberry

sarahberry

Sarah Berry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Betta Count:1- Edgar Blutbod
  • Statement:RIP Bitsy.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

I've got 7 earrings in each ear, none in the cartilage, just working their way up. 7's my favorite number, so I likely won't get any more ear piercings.

Had my nose pierced, but one day I was washing my face and took it out (because washing my face normally knocked it out anyway)- went to put it back in, and couldn't! Tried for over an hour, even tried putting it in backwards, nada! I was so desperate and annoyed I even tried re-opening it with a razor blade, still couldn't get it to go back in! I could from the outside, but the internal lining of my nose closed right back up! Very annoying, and I still am annoyed.

I miss it, a lot. Not sure I want to go through the piercing again, I'd rather save up for my Eeyore tail tattoo. Thumb tacked to my butt, with a drop or two of blood falling from the tack.

Like a few of you, waiting to lose some weight before I get it- one of my best friends will be doing it, and I'd prefer he saw my butt with a bit less pudge :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq