Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Betta Count:7
  • Referred By:myself
  • Statement:Always be your best

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:12 AM

So I've moved to Sweden and after doing the heart breaking task of giving my other bettas to responsible owners I have decided
to buy a betta in Sweden, I went to a store called "Arkens zoo" where their slogan is "vi älskar djur" (we love animals) and I was surprised to see the bettas were very well taken care of, they were in 15 gallon tanks, heated and filtered, the only downside was that they were with other fish, smaller than them but the bettas didnt seem to mind they just kept in their corners and not a single injury, anyways i bought a 15 gallon and i had a large critter keeper, heated and cycling at home, when i asked the store clerk if i could buy a betta he was very clear he would only sell the betta if i had cycled water that had been cycling for 5 days, i was very glad that at least in sweden the pet stores really care about the bettas, i had seen alot of abuse in pet stores in usa,anywho so i told him i had a cycled tank and bought this little fella

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so i thought he was a VT but when I saw him flare I thought his tail was too round, so can he be a roundtail?
hes a feisty little guy hes the first betta i have owned to flare at everything even at me XD
sorry i sidetracked with the pet store story ;^_^ i just got so exited to see a pet store actually caring about bettas

#2 Stormphyre

Stormphyre

UltimateBettas Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Referred By:Snow

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

I'm not sure on the tail type, but that's really awesome that they required that. While my tanks aren't cycled except for two, it makes me happy to know there is a store out there that really doesn't care for the well being of their animals.

#3 SunKiss

SunKiss

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

I'm not sure on the tail type, but that's really awesome that they required that. While my tanks aren't cycled except for two, it makes me happy to know there is a store out there that really doesn't care for the well being of their animals.

oooh you should have seen how they sold him to me, they put him in a really thick plastic bag with ALOT of water the bag was leak and tear proof, on the back of the bag it had directions on how to add him to your existing tank, with extreme detail and they wrapped him in paper to reduce stress and finally they put him in another plastic bag i was blown away ^_^

#4 Stormphyre

Stormphyre

UltimateBettas Veteran

• 4,117 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Referred By:Snow

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Haha!! That's so awesome. Little overkill, but super awesome! I assume you weren't going all that far, yeah?

#5 SunKiss

SunKiss

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

not as much as wrapping them in paper XP but i was happy they treat them nice, not just as money makers but like living things that they are ^_^

the reason they go over the edge is because many animal lovers protest at every single detail and they dont just threaten they actaully do it within a day or two, so i guess they just dont want problems

#6 sarahberry

sarahberry

Sarah Berry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Betta Count:1- Edgar Blutbod
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Statement:RIP Bitsy.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

well that's awesome! way to go Sweden! :) and congrats on your new friend, he's beautiful whatever he is!

#7 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Thats it fellow UB'ers pack ur bags were all moving to sweden, sun how many can you accomidate? Also i love ur fish. Im not sure what a single tail but hes pretty.

#8 SunKiss

SunKiss

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thats it fellow UB'ers pack ur bags were all moving to sweden, sun how many can you accomidate? Also i love ur fish. Im not sure what a single tail but hes pretty.

well i currently have a 54liter tank and a large critter keeper. im currently housing this betta there because we got an apartment and were moving soon so he'll have the 54 liter tank all to himself when we move in, im not sure how many i could accomidate with what i got but for now one is enough, the other good part about this pet store is they dont over stock bettas they only have 3 in the store and if you dont see the one youre searching for they order it for you from a local breeder ^_^ i wish all petstores were like this

#9 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

OH no i, i ment how many people lol

#10 SunKiss

SunKiss

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

OH no i, i ment how many people lol

oh! lol now i feel silly XD theres barely room for me and mah husband XD
i wish i knew the tail type of my little guy,i dont like answering "i dunno what type he is" but he really looks too round to be a veiltail

#11 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Want my best guess? Im thinking either a round tail or possibly a delta form, but almost def not a VT, thats just my guess.. Heres a link to some photos http://www.aquaticco...ailfinforms.php
http://www.associate..._types_and.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq