2 replies to this topic

#1 Slipstitch

Slipstitch

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Betta Count:13
  • Total Fish Count:No way of knowing. Yay fry!
  • Referred By:The Internet
  • Statement:Bunnies.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Okay, so what happened was that I left town and my fish sitter didn't clean the tank or anything(personally, I like algae so I don't do -too- much to control it myself) and my 55 gallon tank developed some nice cultures of algae. There's the kind that sticks to the glass, the kind that floats in the water(not sure how it stays as I have a good filter), and some that research told me is staghorn algae. Well, in this tank I have some kuhli loaches, otocinclus, and ghost shrimp. That's ALL. Researching the kuhlis has taught me that their eggs are bright green, the ghost shrimp carry their eggs on their legs... Well, I have spots of jelly like blobs and inside the blobs I can see bunches of little golden eggs with white dots inside. Now I'm seeing little teensy tiny white flecks sticking to the glass and swimming around. Logic says these are probably otocinclus fry, but I'd like to be sure... I can't really get pictures(none of them are anywhere I can get a good shot and the little flecks are way too small) but I'd love some input. Do you think these are, indeed, otocinclus fry? Or could they be some other thing? How long do oto fry take to get to a reasonable size? Are they supposed to be this tiny? Is there anything super special I should do for them?

#2 Slipstitch

Slipstitch

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Betta Count:13
  • Total Fish Count:No way of knowing. Yay fry!
  • Referred By:The Internet
  • Statement:Bunnies.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

I should probably add that I have a ridiculous amount of hornwort in the tank as well as some kind of grass and flame sword.

#3 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

lol nice thread, bout sums it up eh?