Neptune2009

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:2

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Pics to come soon. I named him Mr. Red... lol Got him at PetSmart. Red VT with blue eyes. He looks young so I hope I can keep him longer than a year.

When I entered PetSmart, a mother and her young daughter were also eyeing the bettas in the cups. The little girl picked one out. I asked the mom if she had a heater for her fish, because Betta are tropical fish. She looked at me funny and informed me that she NEVER needed a heater for her bettas. I said nothing after that. I should have referred this website to her, she could learn a lot.

My Neptune died overnight. I had him 16 months. He never had a disease that I know of, and guessed that he passed from old age. I hope he's in a better place!

#2 bettaman98

bettaman98

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:6 including betta

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

im sorry for your loss :(. i wish i could make it up too u but honestly idk how, all i can say is, everything happens for a reason

#3 Neptune2009

Neptune2009

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:2

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

Well, death is a part of life. Neptune is in a better place and thank you so much for your kind words.

#4 seraphic

seraphic

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

I'm sorry to hear about Neptune. :( But congrats on getting Mr. Red! I like that name, good choice!

A girl employee at Petsmart told me I didn't need a heater for bettas. She said there was no need for one. Perhaps this was where the woman you met got her information from as well. (Not the same store, obviously, haha, but a general employee.) It wasn't until I came online and read a few betta sites that I realized girl I talked to at Petsmart was wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq