• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

yeah shes a he, however there has been only teritory disputes and no physical agression (a 30 is a nice size) so im keeping him. Aslon as no one gets hurt. If not i can try him in my 10gal with hina(female betta) however i think he stands a better chance with atlas. His new name is gemme(g-em-A) i love him so, and he gets atlas to do some flaring. I think i need to update some photos now that his color is full, hes brilliant. Im moving next week so within about 3 months i will have a larger tank to plant and move them into(seperate) i will give atlas the bigger tank since hes huge,3" and gemme will keep the 30 since appearently flames are smaller than neons? hes only 2" and has loads of respect for atlas.

#14 Laura Lee

Laura Lee

Fresh Fish Freak

• Retired Moderator
  • 3,940 posts
  • Betta Count:I've lost count!
  • Total Fish Count:bizillions
  • Statement:Real change doesn't happen until the pain of staying the same is too great.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Keep a close eye on them during feeding time. One of the most common ways for a dominant fish to bully/weaken a subordinate fish without overt aggression is to hog food. You can easily lose fish this way, without there ever having been a "real" fight in the tank to cue you in on what's going on.

#15 Solitarianknight

Solitarianknight

Formerly known as dimidiata

• Members
  • 4,253 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:many
  • Referred By:the gravitational force that shrouds UB
  • Statement:luchamos por la liberación de los bettas! Las viva bettas

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Oh i know this and i have seen it as well. I spred the food over the whole tank(one pinch goes far) so while atlas is eating in one side gemme is in the other. The driftwood i added was proped up so only gemme would be able to get under it, atlas is simply too big. I still see atlas give a quick 3 sec run off of gemme but it never goes far or physical. Can anyone confirm is flames stay smaller than neons? I heard this online and from the lfs when i asked(they can be trusted). and does anyone think that 3in is a bit big for a neon male?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq