2 replies to this topic

#1 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Betta Count:Lots
  • Statement:Hey.. you!! Join the Eastern Betta Society.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

When I got back from the show yesterday I noticed the DBT I bought had one gill cover standing open. Today its still stuck that way. Besides this and seemingly being a little sluggish (he's not in a heated tank until I get back to school tonight).. he seems fine.

Any ideas as to what caused the gill cover to stay open? I can't remember if he was like that in the beanie or not.

Also is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm going to have him in a heated tank and I'll be adding IAL. If it doesn't heal will it hurt him at all or cause other problems?

#2 hottandcoldd

hottandcoldd

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

I have see few bettas like this but they were all fine. It doesn't seem to affect the health of the betta and I wouldn't worry too much unless you're really bothered by the looks of it but I'm not sure what you can do to fix this or why this happened.

#3 1fish2fish

1fish2fish

Halfmoon Maniac

• Members
  • 2,324 posts
  • Betta Count:Lots
  • Statement:Hey.. you!! Join the Eastern Betta Society.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

I'm fine with it as long as he's going to be ok. Someone said that it may just be like hyper-extended from flaring a lot (he was in the show and flared quite a bit) and that it may go back to normal in time. For now I have him in a 1 gallon jar with a little IAL. In a few days he'll be moving to his own three gallon where he won't see any other fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq