Here's a US based Betta shipper

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

I've been buying my bettas mainly from aquabid and from shippers in thailand, but I came across this site on another forum, I've ordered from them twice now and they've been pretty good. I only mention it because it's a pain in the bummy to order internationally, and people want to know where to get giants, and halfmoons, and stuff at a decent rate. Anyway, check it out. its www.buybettas.com. Check them out, I'm definitely a fan.

Edited by , 01 February 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#2 RenEWok

RenEWok

Halfsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Betta Count:Alot of HM's!!! and 1 VT
  • Statement:Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

I've been buying my bettas mainly from aquabid and from shippers in thailand, but I came across this site on another forum, I've ordered from them twice now and they've been pretty good. I only mention it because it's a pain in the bummy to order internationally, and people want to know where to get giants, and halfmoons, and stuff at a decent rate. Anyway, check it out. its www.buybettas.com. Check them out, I'm definitely a fan.

Im not gonna lie, there are three bettas on that site that i almost bought from the same guy thats known to be a scammer on aquabid from thailand. I would never forget two specifically and the other one im almost positive is the same fish i almost got. I went back and forth between those three fish for a week recently and i just couldnt decide which one i wanted. Sorry but this site sounds fishy (no pun intended). Unless this guys is buying fish from thailand and selling them for the same price just to loose out on money.

Edit: as a matter of fact i sent the pictures of those fish to someone here on the forum to help me choose and i just looked over those pictures and they are exactly the same hahaha

Edited by RenEWok, 02 February 2010 - 01:04 AM.

#3 coolbettas

coolbettas

Halfmoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Betta Count:Too many to count
  • Total Fish Count:2000+
  • Statement:Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:47 AM

Im not gonna lie, there are three bettas on that site that i almost bought from the same guy thats known to be a scammer on aquabid from thailand. I would never forget two specifically and the other one im almost positive is the same fish i almost got. I went back and forth between those three fish for a week recently and i just couldnt decide which one i wanted. Sorry but this site sounds fishy (no pun intended). Unless this guys is buying fish from thailand and selling them for the same price just to loose out on money.

Edit: as a matter of fact i sent the pictures of those fish to someone here on the forum to help me choose and i just looked over those pictures and they are exactly the same hahaha

If that site is not scam! That person must sell similar fish to the pictures. I've seen some of those pictures years ago.

#4 RenEWok

RenEWok

Halfsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Betta Count:Alot of HM's!!! and 1 VT
  • Statement:Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

If that site is not scam! That person must sell similar fish to the pictures. I've seen some of those pictures years ago.

Even if the fish are similar alot of the aquabid sellers put their signatures or little signs on their fish so you know its theirs. Some of them will even put that the picture is their property which would mean they dont want other people usuing them. Its like me taking pictures of YOUR stock and claiming they are mine just cuz i put pictures up of them. I really dont like people using other peoples pictures, i take multimedia and in web design is a big nono to do that. I recently came up with this delema designing a site for my future betta store. I wanted to use my avatar picture in my logo because i liked that fish so damn much but i never got to breed it and his blood isnt in any of my fish. It wouldnt be fair to show people that fish and make them think i could produce that. So I actually do all my pictures from scratch because as an artist i really dont want people using my pictures unless they asked permision. Maybe they did ask persmission who knows, i just think breedrs/ sellers should take pictures of their own stock.

Anyways this site could be top knotch or it could be a scam, its a risk people take buying online, i just think its necessary to put it out there since it just seemed a little fishy. There is a contact on the bottom of the page so if anyone really is interested they could just email the seller and see what they gotta say.

Edited by RenEWok, 02 February 2010 - 09:53 AM.

#5 R.Beezy

R.Beezy

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Betta Count:7

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

too expensive. i see lot of those colors at my LFS except for a few of them, like the pure white one! i've yet to see one of those whites around my area...

#6 AnthemForAFallenStar

AnthemForAFallenStar

Omi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts
  • Betta Count:None
  • Total Fish Count:0
  • Statement:Not breeding right now, will get back into it in the future.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

@Renee

I checked out that site before, I think it is a scam. A lot of those fish he post are on AB, no offense to OP. I wouldn't take the word of someone who doesn't post a lot on here. I know the mods are going say their are a lot of people who don't post on here but been on since 08 or something. Personally though, I never seen him post pics of his fish and haven't seen him around a lot to trust him. For all we know he is a scam bot.

@Ron

I got some Super White Hmpk that I will be spawning later this month, e-mail at SoCalBetta@yahoo.com. We can work something out.

#7 Henry<3

Henry<3

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

I don't understand why you would say no offense to the OP. The site definitely looks fake, the directions for ordering aren't even clear, everything's just vague. I honestly don't think the OP has ordered from the site, I think he's just a representative of the site. But, really, if people are going to advertise a scamming site, why do they make it so obvious that its fake? When people recommend a site, they don't go

Check it out! It's so great. Check it out! I'm definitely ordering from then again! Check it out!

It just sounds so fake.
Not only that, but all 3 posts of the OP have been about this site. Why join a betta forum to advertise a US-based betta site? Even if he wasn't a representative, or he really did order from them, there are many other US-based betta sites like bettysplendens.com or bettatalk.com. Why is he only mentioning this one?

If you're going to advertise a scamming site, at least learn to make it seem believable.
You don't fool me :)

Edit: You guys spelled 'welcome' wrong on your site ja? ^^
Oh, and look at the different picture qualities in each picture.
You can tell some pictures were taken with a crappy camera and others were very clear pics. Why take pictures of your fish with a different camera? (: And don't breeders usually have the same, similar background in all of their pictures? I see 230483209 different backgrounds here. (I'm exaggerating, chill.)

Edited by Henry<3, 13 February 2010 - 03:59 AM.

#8 Diego

Diego

Veiltail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Betta Count:4
  • Total Fish Count:4
  • Referred By:Myself!
  • Statement:Finding your half orange is a b1tch!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

lock/delete thread?

#9 Saucy

Saucy

Spread the love

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:TONS
  • Referred By:BettaMomma!!
  • Statement:"The measure of a society can be how well its people treat its animals." ~ Gandhi

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Locked... till we figure out what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq