LilGreenPuffer

Yeah, I'm "that girl with the fish."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:4
  • Referred By:Google
  • Statement:My mission is to make your day a little more surreal.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

I have a divided 10g with two male bettas and an ADF (ADF is going to have some buddies soon, since he and Pirate get along so well); a 10g with dwarf puffers, otos, and shrimp; a 3g with one male betta; and a 5g that's spare and currently being used for my one remaining rescue.

But is that good enough for me? Nooooooo. Guess what else I want?

-10g - shell-dweller colony, probably multis.
-3-5g Triops.
-1g planted shrimp nano!!! Possibly my challenge for the summer.
-90g+ for a Rio Negro biotope! I would have a shoal of 5-6 South American puffers, 20 or so bleeding heart tetras, and a Rio Negro pleco. I'd grow lots of... Okay, I forgot the name, but I have it written down somewhere... And I'd use sand, driftwood, and enough IAL for homemade BWE to buy block2 a garage full of Cadillacs or whatever.
-If you have South Americans, you have to have a snail-breeding tank. SAPs' teeth grow like crazy, to the point where I'm just not entirely sure how they survive in the wild. In captivity, they have to be trimmed every 3-6 months, even with daily snails. Ugh. So, a 5-10g snail jail, possibly with a breeding colony of shrimp in there as well.
-20L (long, not liters) sorority of culls/adoptees.
-Accommodations for at least 3 fosters - maybe a divided 10g.
-ADF community? Maybe 4-5 of them in a 10g...
-Small softie reef - AquaPod 24 with a pair of ocellaris clowns, and if I can hook up a really big sump and lots of LR later on, I could add a mandarin.
-A 1,000,000g paludarium with a colony of penguins.

So, what are your aquatic pipe dreams?

ETA: OH, OH, OH! How could I forget? A custom-made paludarium with mudskippers! Custom because it needs to have such a big footprint and you can have them sort of square-shaped and shallow, which is so unique and cool.

Edited by LilGreenPuffer, 24 January 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#2 kelly528

kelly528

Goldfish Gangsta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  • Betta Count:Just Jimi.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

-An 80g fancy goldie tank. Yup, I doubt 50g will satisfy me for too long... the more goldie websites I visit, the more I want!!!
-A 29g biocube of balloon mollies.
-Another crack at a 5g DP tank.
-A 5g dario dario tank.
-To move the endler jungle to my 20g, put some Eco-Complete down, move the pygmy cories in and get some high lighting for my high-light plants stuck in a medium light tank!

Hmm... once musical tanks is done I will have a 2.5g, a 5g and a 10g to spare-- oh the possibilities!!!

#3 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Juvie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Statement:If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

What I'd really like to do someday :
- upgrade my reef to a 180g with a wavemaker and MH lighting, a huge sump with mangrove trees, and get sps corals and clams
- my current 95g reef would be converted to freshwater with lots of plants
- a 30g seahorse tank, connected to the reef system for almost no maintenance

LilGreenPuffer, forget the mandarin in a 24g, there is no way you can have enough LR to sustain a copepod colony the size it needs.

#4 Laura Lee

Laura Lee

Fresh Fish Freak

• Retired Moderator
  • 3,940 posts
  • Betta Count:I've lost count!
  • Total Fish Count:bizillions
  • Statement:Real change doesn't happen until the pain of staying the same is too great.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

I dream of a fishroom with at least most if not all the tanks on an automated water change system. :whistle1:

Walls covered in racks of tanks, and a nice long sink and stainless steel counter in the middle of the room (like in restaraunts) to use when working on tanks. These tanks would be devoted to breeding my favorite fish and dwarf shrimp, and also cultivating aquatic plants in emersed setups.

Then, I'd have big display tanks throughout the house.

My 46gal would be a SW planted seahorse tank.
My 90gal and 29gal would probably remain pretty much as they are now.
I'd have a big planted 125gal for Rainbowfish, Congo Tetras, and Synodontis cats.
I'd have a 300gal planted for Discus, massive schools of Rummynosed and Cardinal tetras, Hatchetfish, and fancy plecos.
And I'd have one other really big (at least 6-8' long) tank as a Riparium setup, with fish in the bottom (probably a colony of wild bettas) and emersed-grown plants coming out the top.

Seeing as taking care of all of these would be a FT job in of itself... I'm positive it will NEVER happen! LOLOL

Edited by Laura Lee, 24 January 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#5 LilGreenPuffer

LilGreenPuffer

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

LilGreenPuffer, forget the mandarin in a 24g, there is no way you can have enough LR to sustain a copepod colony the size it needs.

That's why I would have the sump - I'd fill it with rubble rock.

#6 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• 8,850 posts
  • Betta Count:Enough.
  • Total Fish Count:Many!
  • Referred By:google

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

10 gallon - dario dario, heavily planted, sand bottom
55 gallon - macrostoma, heavily planted, black gravel bottom
40 gallon - terrarium inspired by Jeremey's awesome work and populated with Dendrobates auratus costa rica green and blacks
betta barracks

All of these will probably happen though... :P

#7 LilGreenPuffer

LilGreenPuffer

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

All of these will probably happen though... :P

You just be quiet, then.

:coverlaff:

#8 LouisaMaeBrown

LouisaMaeBrown

UltimateBettas Veteran

• Elite Member
  • 7,745 posts
  • Betta Count:Ever changing :)
  • Referred By:internet search
  • Statement:I am NOT addicted!.... okay, maybe I am, a little.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

hmm, I'd like a 55 gallon to get a small colony of one of the larger wild bettas. I'd like a 20-30 gallon aquarium for a small mouthbrooding type of betta (I like a lot of them so a colony of any of them would be great), a 10-15 gallon with dario dario or other type of badis, upgrade the 10 gallon smaragdina tank to a 30 gallon long or 40 gallon long so I can house many of them instead of a single pair, and a 46 gallon bowfront for a colony of angelfish (it would be a nice change of pace). I'd also like to combine my 2 sorority tanks into 1 55-75 gallon tank. I also think I'd like a 10 gallon tank of a species of killiefsih (haven't decided which one though) Yeah, most of these are just pipe dreams(never in a million years could I handle that many water changes or afford that many tanks) but it is nice to imagine.

Edited by LouisaMaeBrown, 24 January 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#9 Maryanne

Maryanne

UltimateBettas Veteran

• 8,850 posts
  • Betta Count:Enough.
  • Total Fish Count:Many!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

You just be quiet, then.

:coverlaff:

lol! You're young too :P You'll probably do the majority of yours too. Heh the pipe dreamiest of mine are the frogs :P

#10 LilGreenPuffer

LilGreenPuffer

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

I'm a theatre major, going into theatre education. I'm crossing two jobs with just about the lowest salaries imaginable. Something tells me there will be other restraints...

#11 Gilraen Took

Gilraen Took

UltimateBettas Veteran

• Members
  • 3,435 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:2
  • Referred By:fnser

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hm. . . If I go for a vivarium, I'm going all out. If I ever get to build my own house I'm making a small walk-in closet for dart frogs. I know I want D. auratus(not sure the colour, probably just one of the green and black morphs)

Tanks!

1- at least 6' long(probably closer to 10, though) planted tank with some sort of mix of Asian fish. I LOVE my white clouds, so probably a huge school of those, and while I'd love cories, I'd probably stick with some sort of other small-ish schooling fish that just likes to hang out closer to the bottom. It'd be along my bedroom wall.

2- a big oscar tank. Probably around the same size. I miss my first guy so freaking much and would love another gigantic tank for a couple of O's and maybe some sort of catfish. POSSIBLY some sort of large SA schooling fish, but doesn't have to be. That one would be in the gym(lol, I'm a dreamer, aren't I?)

3- if I got the urge to, I'd go with a big reef tank in the dining room. I just had crappy luck with my last reef, so that one would be a last resort sort of thing, and to be honest, I'd probably end up using the room for something else more natural looking. Who knows, maybe since I want a more ground dwelling dart, I could put them in the dining room and make the bedroom into a crestie closet instead. :coverlaff:

#12 jimmeh lee

jimmeh lee

Problem?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Betta Count:5 Betta simplex
  • Total Fish Count:23~
  • Statement:Hand in hand we'll start a revolution

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

The one thing that I'd really like to have that i don't currently have the room for is more grow-out tanks.
Other than that, I wouldn't mind modding out my Biocube 14 a little, or upgrading some filters to giant, overkill canisters.
I'd love a 90-180g tank for a bunch of polypterus.
Orrrrr...A fishroom that isn't my bedroom lol...9 aquariums in your bedroom fills up your space pretty quick..(all walls except where my bed is are covered)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq