4 replies to this topic

#1 Pisces8326

Pisces8326

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Just wanted to get a word out on these forums about the new Jungle brand Lifeguard All-In-One Treatment dissolving tablets.
I'd like to say that I do not work for the company and I'm not advertising, I just wanna help you people that have very sick fish out and recommend this medication when your Betta seems in dire condition.

When I first came home with my beautiful opaque white halfmoon male he was nearly dead, floating at the top of his tank still, just occasionally gasping for air. I was desperate to find a cure for him and picked up this new Lifeguard All-In-One treatment at Petsmart (btw - Petsmart is the only place I've seen it sold at). I dropped the recommended tablet dosage into his half gallon quarantine tank and hoped for the best....well the best did happen. Not even an hour after giving him the Lifeguard he perked up, starting swimming around like crazy. It was almost like he was brought back from the dead. I would like to give much credit to Lifeguard All-In-One Treatment, which is labeled as a medicine that treats a broad range of external fish diseases - bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic - no more guessing games on why your betta is sick!
I'd also like to say that I combined this medication with the Jungle Fungus Clear tab. This cocktail of meds was a miracle!

Alright, thats my wonderful review of jungle fungus lifeguard all in one treatment. I think every betta first aid kit needs one of these!

This is what the box looks like in case you're looking to buy it....like I've said before the only store that I've seen selling this particular all in one treatment is Petsmart. I haven't seen it at wal mart or Petco.

thumb5.gif thumb5.gif thumb5.gif

Edited by Pisces8326, 16 January 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#2 Saucy

Saucy

Spread the love

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:TONS
  • Referred By:BettaMomma!!
  • Statement:"The measure of a society can be how well its people treat its animals." ~ Gandhi

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

The issue I have with this product is that you end up highly overmedicating your fish and don't eve know what's wrong with it. I just can't even figure out what it does... it's not antibiotic but claims to "kill" microorganisms. I mean, if it worked for you, that's great... for me, someone's going to have to explain what it is and what the active ingredient actually dues.

#3 hottandcoldd

hottandcoldd

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Although I never used that medicine, the fact that it attacks a broad variety of issues from bacteria to parasite make me feel it might not be as effective as medicines that attack a more specific type of issue. I may be wrong so someone who has more knowledge about this product please tell us more info but I'm glad it worked for you smile1.gif

Edited by hottandcoldd, 17 January 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#4 Saucy

Saucy

Spread the love

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:TONS
  • Referred By:BettaMomma!!
  • Statement:"The measure of a society can be how well its people treat its animals." ~ Gandhi

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, there's only one active ingredient, so I don't know how it works for everything.

#5 Mad Chemist

Mad Chemist

The leprechaun tells me to burn things!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts
  • Betta Count:0
  • Total Fish Count:Plenty
  • Statement:If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

The active ingredient in that product is 1-chloro-2,2,5,5-tetramethyl-4-imidazolidinone. It's a chemical originally used to disinfect drinking water, which kills both bacteria and parasites1.
Here are some papers that describe its properties and some of its uses:
1. https://www.ars.usda...i...137629&pf=1
2. http://209.85.173.13...lient=firefox-a
3. http://www.google.ca...bM2Hv4UnrKpsOEQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq