Lumen

Halfmoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Betta Count:5
  • Total Fish Count:Over 20

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

Has anyone ever had success with breeding these? I've heard many accidental spawns happen to inexperienced novices.

#26 sde09001

sde09001

Crowntail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Betta Count:4
  • Total Fish Count:25

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I've heard of commercial breeding being done with the use of hormone injections. I actually read a rather detailed article about it over at the puffer forum a year or two back. I've heard of accidental breedings in home aquaria but none have been well documented (or at least that I can find). I would love to breed these guys and will attempt it after the move if I can get a good school going and grow them big enough ( I have three new youngsters ranging from 1.5 to 3 inches right now, had three before that all died of a very bad ich infestation that were all over 5 inches). I've seen large clowns before and not all of them get pale. There are 4 large ones at a LFS near me that are almost black in color, and I've seen larger ones that still show their bright juvie coloration. I think alot depends on the fish, environment, and food, which is why I've seen so much variation in coloration as they get older.

#27 Sawyer

Sawyer

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Total Fish Count:17

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

I have heard of accidental breeding of them. Just one day someone finds a baby loach in their tank or they see their loaches spawning. If you go on Loaches Online people discuss things like that. People try to re-create the conditions of the tank when someone has an accidental spawn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq