Hippiechick

The Glitter Queen

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:50 +++ got more now!
  • Referred By:BettaMomma and Chris
  • Statement:"Time to nut up or shut up!" Tallahassee, Zombieland...

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

First of all, I'm sorry you are finding yourself needing to post in this section. No one wants a sick wet pet, but.... inevitably, it happens to the best fish keepers as well as the newbies.

Please, in your request for help, we need some basic information to help us help you and your sick pet.

1. Don't expect an answer if you just give a vague description. Be as detailed as possible as to what your fish looks like, where you are seeing the problem, how he's swimming, his behavior. The more detail, the better.

2. Many new fish keepers don't thing this is important, but its VITAL to the health of your fish. We need to know what the parameters are on at least the ammonia, nitrItes, possibly nitrAtes and definitely pH. Without this information, we could easily misdiagnose what is going on with your pet and no one wants to lose a pet nor do we want to spend precious money for one treatment when what we needed was another.

3. Tell us the size of the tank, the tankmates, and for those with live plants, what plants are in there.

4. When possible, PICTURES. Its much easier to help if we can have pictures. Please, be sure to clean your glass first, cause we can't tell anything through dirty glass. And the pics need to be clear. Fuzzy blurs.... well, maybe we can see something, maybe we can't. Depending on whats wrong, it makes diagnosis iffy at best.

Thats all I can think of. But these are important rules for this area. IF you come in here and say oh, my fish is acting all weird, how do you expect anyone to help you with him? We can't. The whole point of this forum is to help you as much as possible whenever we can. You can help us to do that by providing as much information in the best clearest way possible. Together, we can make a difference!

Thanks!
Hippiechick

PS. This particular forum is for the *other fish out there, we also have a specific forum for just bettas. Betta moms and dads, please ask for help with your sick babies in the Betta disease and treatment forum. Thank you!

#2 jack88

jack88

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Referred By:aquarank

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Hippiechick @ Nov 12 2007, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, I'm sorry you are finding yourself needing to post in this section. No one wants a sick wet pet, but.... inevitably, it happens to the best fish keepers as well as the newbies.

Please, in your request for help, we need some basic information to help us help you and your sick pet.

1. Don't expect an answer if you just give a vague description. Be as detailed as possible as to what your fish looks like, where you are seeing the problem, how he's swimming, his behavior. The more detail, the better.

2. Many new fish keepers don't thing this is important, but its VITAL to the health of your fish. We need to know what the parameters are on at least the ammonia, nitrItes, possibly nitrAtes and definitely pH. Without this information, we could easily misdiagnose what is going on with your pet and no one wants to lose a pet nor do we want to spend precious money for one treatment when what we needed was another.

3. Tell us the size of the tank, the tankmates, and for those with live plants, what plants are in there.

4. When possible, PICTURES. Its much easier to help if we can have pictures. Please, be sure to clean your glass first, cause we can't tell anything through dirty glass. And the pics need to be clear. Fuzzy blurs.... well, maybe we can see something, maybe we can't. Depending on whats wrong, it makes diagnosis iffy at best.

Thats all I can think of. But these are important rules for this area. IF you come in here and say oh, my fish is acting all weird, how do you expect anyone to help you with him? We can't. The whole point of this forum is to help you as much as possible whenever we can. You can help us to do that by providing as much information in the best clearest way possible. Together, we can make a difference!

Thanks!
Hippiechick

PS. This particular forum is for the *other fish out there, we also have a specific forum for just bettas. Betta moms and dads, please ask for help with your sick babies in the Betta disease and treatment forum. Thank you!

Hi,
How do u upload the pics into the post?

#3 liger

liger

Alpha Betta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Betta Count:5: 2 males; 3 females
  • Total Fish Count:5
  • Referred By:Yahoo!
  • Statement:truth never sets you free. it just gets you into trouble!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

jack88, have it uploaded in photobucket thats how i do mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq