Saucy

Spread the love

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:TONS
  • Referred By:BettaMomma!!
  • Statement:"The measure of a society can be how well its people treat its animals." ~ Gandhi

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

It's usually just nitrogen degassing that happens with aging. The bubbles are probably from the mesh over your faucet. If you're worried about it, I'd just let it debubble over an hour, then use it.

#98 aquarior

aquarior

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Referred By:google

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:42 AM

i use ground,tap, and r/o water. when weather rainy r/o water so far good for me, i mix up with salt+catapa leaf and few drops mineral trace for small tank. for tap and ground water i keep in big tank under direct sunlight.and 24hour give aerator. no antichlor etc. when i want to use i mix again with salt+leaf and few drops trace mineral.

#99 Bombalurina

Bombalurina

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

I use plain old tap water with Prime. It love that stuff - dechlorinates, dechloramines, removes heavy metals and detoxifies ammonia and nitrite. Happy me, happy fish. Also, it lasts forever because it is so concentrated, so happy bank balance too. :)

#100 Marsha

Marsha

Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Referred By:google

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have a question about water changes. I have read since I have a 3 gallon tank I should change 50% in 4 days and it is best not to take the betta out of the tank. How can you keep from changing the water temperature with adding new water? It just seems if I keep the temp in the tank at 78-80 new water will be much colder even having it set a day before adding it.
Thanks

#101 Susurro

Susurro

Loves bettas more than people

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Referred By:The Interweb
  • Statement:"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Siddhartha Gautama

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

You can take a clean mug and put some of the conditioned aged water in it and microwave it for a minute or two.Then add it back to the rest of the aged water and see what the temp is after that. Keep doing that until you've got the temp where you want it.

I personally never let water sit out to age, treating it with water conditioner is enough. I got good enough with water changes that I could get the water out of the tap to be right at 80 degrees. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq