CrimsonaX

Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Betta Count:3
  • Total Fish Count:6

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

My male plaket Walter is quite the jumper! He did get out of the tank once during cleaning, but luckily nothing ill happened from that.

Still, he'll jump up at everything!
He'll jump at the spoon when I'm about to feed him, he'll jump at my face if I'm looking over the tank (hoods still on, there's just a small compartment I can open in it), and he also goes jumping at my hand if I try to move any decorations or adjust his lighting etc.

Suppose I'm worried that he does not like his place maybe? It's the 3gal with decor and a java fern, but my other worry is could my tank be too small for him? He seems like a very active fish - he makes bubble nests that literally cover about 1/3 of the tanks surface.

His jumping up for everything has been more a recent behaviour too, started about 2 weeks ago scratchhead1.gif

Am I doing something wrong or just need to be super careful with the lil guy? Untitled-1b(4).gif

#2 Palor

Palor

The Enabler....Buy a gecko :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:2
  • Referred By:I wandered in on my own
  • Statement:I am not addicted!

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

Sometimes the little fish will go all jumpy for months on me. I just take extra precautions during feedings and water changes with the fesity ones. Eventually most of them got tired of jumping into nets.

#3 Guest_Cid_*

Guest_Cid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

i had a fish that -loved- to jump and try to bite at my hands... LoL She was a big girl so she could really get some air. Jumpy fish somtimes are just that... jumpy fish. As long as the tank reads alright then i wouldnt worry smile1.gif

I personally love fish like that.. lots of character.. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq