Something hanging off my betta

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BettaZoom_*

Guest_BettaZoom_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

This evening, I checked on my betta and noticed a strange wormy thing hanging from his front. There was nothing there this morning. I know there are many different types of parasites out there, so does someone know what this might be? I want to deal with this as soon as possible. I've only had the poor guy for about a month, and I've been trying to following all the care guides by providing him with a proper environment.

(click images to enlarge)

Here's a zoomed in close-up of the "thing":

Thanks for any help.

#2 katsrevenge

katsrevenge

Queen Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:Some
  • Referred By:your mom
  • Statement:“The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind.” Camus

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

...that looks like poo to me. smile1.gif But, the white/clear color is usually a sign of internal parasites. Some Jungle Parasite Clear or medicated food might be in order.

#3 Guest_RosenKrieger_*

Guest_RosenKrieger_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (katsrevenge @ Sep 16 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...that looks like poo to me. smile1.gif But, the white/clear color is usually a sign of internal parasites. Some Jungle Parasite Clear or medicated food might be in order.

What she said. Jungle Parasite Clear is good stuff. It's cleared up 3 of my fish that have had parasites.

#4 Jols

Jols

Dance-y Dance-y is crazy-good ya'll!

• Retired Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,698 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:43 AM

I agree with to start treating him with JPC.
I'd make sure if you haven't recently to give him a complete water change, if you have a filter make sure that you take the cabon filter out. smile1.gif If you like as well, right after the medicine is dissolved, scoop out a little water and soak a few of his food-pellets in the medicated water.
Keep us updated! huggg.gif

#5 Guest_BettaZoom_*

Guest_BettaZoom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

Thank you all for your help! I'm going to see if I can find Jungle Clear today. I'll let you know how things are going.

#6 Guest_BettaZoom_*

Guest_BettaZoom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

I called two local pet stores and they do not carry the Jungle Parasite Clear. They only sell small ick and parasite cure bottles for betta's. The people at the store told me the "Simply Betta Ick & Parasite Cure" (web link) would work, so I bought it.

By the way, I was told to remove the parasite (if that's what it is) from my fish, so I gently scopped him up in a net and the thing fell right off.

I hoping this product will work. I don't know if he'll have enough time if I ordered the Jungle product. If it was just poop, I hope the medication won't hurt him. I'm also going to add some aquarium salt when I water change his 5 gal tank today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq