Solomon Island Ground Boas
Jerry Conway wrote the “Candoia Bible” and is the current guru of info with these species.
Read about these snakes here:
· Do not handle for at least three days after feeding; they are prone to regurgitation.
Cost: Solomons can be anywhere from about $90 to $280 on average depending on color. Older animals usually are considerably more as they are able to breed.
Elizabeth Freer wrote the best caresheet for Mourning Geckos around; I follow it myself. Elizabeth also SELLS mournings, which is where I got my collection. I cannot hope to write anything as good as what she has already done.
Read her caresheet here:
· Mournings need to have their food dusted with calcium at every feeding.
· They can squish out of the tiniest holes, make sure your lid is secure.
· If you have a naturalistic terrarium, place your crickets inside a jar or container so they don’t get “lost” in the enclosure. Watch out though, sometimes geckos get trapped in the jar and will need to be helped out.
· Do not try to remove the eggs, you’ll break them.
Cost: They run between $13.00 - $20.00 per gecko.
Solomon Island Ground Boas & Mourning Geckos
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users