The goal of this contest is to improve upon one of your fish tanks (betta or otherwise - sorry, no herps/rodents/etc.) as much as possible within a one-month period. Please keep in mind the comfort and welfare of your fish when re-doing your tanks, but go wild with new plants, gravel, ornaments, etc - whatever you choose. Your additions can be home-made or store bought, natural or artificial; there's a great deal of freedom here, so long as a noticeable change is made. Use your creativity to create a unique environment for your fish, then strut your stuff by showing off the before and after pictures!
1. Make sure nothing you do is going to hurt or stress your fish.
2. The fish and tank(s) should be yours (no looking up pics of tanks online and using them - that's cheating!).
3. You can only enhance the existing tank(s), not upgrade to a different tank (sorry guys; there were a lot of complaints about that last time).
4. Photos may not be doctored in any way (though doing something like "auto levels" in photoshop to preserve the true colors is fine).
5. You must submit a BEFORE and AFTER picture by the deadline! I was a little lenient last time - not this time! And please try to make the picture at least 350px wide, preferably more; less makes it hard for voters to see your tank if the picture is tiny!
You have one month to get your entries in; June 30th is the deadline. Voting begins more or less promptly on July 1st. Voting will continue for roughly two weeks.
For the Win:
The most dramatic improvement wins, based on votes from UltimateBetta's members.
First place recieves two silk plants - A 9" Rotala Serrate by PennPlax, and a 12" Tropical Fern by PennPlax.
Second place recieves one silk plant - a 12" Tropical Fern by PennPlax.
Third place recieves one silk plant - A 9" Rotala Serrate by PennPlax.
Please note that if you win but do not like these plants, they may be substituted for a silk plant of equal or lesser (sorry, I'm broke) value from aquariumguys.com. If the winner does not live in the US, an alternate prize of equal value will be negotiated from a company that ships within their country
Added June 1st: Thanks to the generosity of dinger454 (steve), 1st place will now also receive a beautiful betta mousepad!
Start entering NOW by posting in this thread with a picture of the tank you are going to edit. Please make only one post, and edit it to add your after picture. If you want to save a spot, just make a post indicating that you will be participating. Good luck, and above all: HAVE FUN!