Donna4909

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Betta Count:2
  • Total Fish Count:2

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

Instead of book report covers, I also prefer the poster framing. It's much sturdier.

Also, if you want to secure the dividers at the top, look for something called "hairpin cotter pins". They won't work with the report binders, but the poster framing has enough space to slide the pin inside and clip it to the glass.

Posted Image

#86 Redd

Redd

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Betta Count:11
  • Total Fish Count:11 and 4 snails
  • Referred By:members of Aquarium Advice
  • Statement:What started as one fish for my wife turned into something i enjoy tending to.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is a great idea Eudie, good job! I was looking for something like this mesh when I was doing my tank dividers last year, but chose thin plexiglass instead. This would've been a lot easier & faster to do, because I had to cut the plexiglass, and drill holes in it so I can have water circulation in the tank. Its more studier as I don't need anything to hold them up(I cut them to overlap on top of one another like cardboard bottle dividers in a box), but this would've cut down on the time.

Tip: if anyones gonna give this a go, cut cardboard pieces(use a box) out first and use them as templates so not to ruin the actual mesh sheets with a bad measurement/cut.

#87 rascalboy

rascalboy

Wiggler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Don't you have little hangers that could be used instead? I bought a divider that's set up just like the instructions, but it's got a little wire 'clip' that helps keep the divider in place instead of glue. I leave one side ajar so the bettas can wander back and forth but they still feel alone when they want to be. I'd imagine some strong electrical wire would do the job.

#88 Susurro

Susurro

Loves bettas more than people

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
  • Betta Count:1
  • Total Fish Count:1
  • Referred By:The Interweb
  • Statement:"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Siddhartha Gautama

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

If you have multiple bettas in a tank, you need to have the divider secure. Period. You're asking for a dead fish that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq